Home Photo's Bio

Monday, October 18, 2010

Guntersville Regional...

Well the regional is over and it was a tough one, but we all had a good time.  Got down there on Sunday night 10/10 and started practicing on Monday.  I found fish in the very large and long grass mats throughout the lake.  But the fish were mainly relating to the inside edge of the points of grass.  After 3 days of flipping and throwing frogs I had some areas where I thought I  could catch some fish.  So on day 1 I had 3 keepers, for about 8.5lbs and 50th place for the day.  So day 2 I thought I would need 17lbs to make the top 12, and thought it was possible to catch that.  But I only boated 1 keeper for the day and lost 5 others in the grass. I was using a Powell 7105 and 2 766 flipping rods, with 65 and 80 lb braid, flipping a Go2baits Lil Thumper and creature baits.  Also a Powell 735 frog rod for frogs, with 65lb braid.   All the tackleI used can be purchased from Tacklewarehouse, so check them out anything you need. So the season is over for me for a while now and I will be bow hunting hard for the next month.  I might fish a few team events this winter so I will keep you up to date on them.

GOD Bless

Joel

No comments: