Home Photo's Bio

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Unbelievable....

    The title says it all,  I was Blessed by the Lord yesterday and WON the BFL on Kentucky Lake !  I had 18lb 3oz , but I did not think that would hold out, I mean this is Kentucky Lake and usually 20lbs is what is needed to win any event on this lake.  I started practice on Wednesday with my buddy Doug and I had decided I was not going to fish for these lil green monsters in the back, as it had burned me for the past 3 years .  So we started farther out and got on some fish in 8 to 12 foot.  Thursday we found 3 more places that had some schools of fish on them.  So I had about 5 schools found and on Friday we had some bad weather coming in and didnt get to get out until about 10am and decided to fish a different area to see if we could anything else going and we ended up finding 1 place that had some fish.  So Saturday I was boat 22 and we went to the first place and no fish.  So I went to my areas I found on Wednesday and Thursday.  On the first one I caught a 4.5 lb largemouth.  Next stop I  filled out my limit and it was only 830 !  I culled up to my 18 3 at 915 and that was all I could do.  So I went looking for a 5 to 6lber for a kicker the rest of the day but could not find one.  I was throwing crankbaits on a Powell Endurance Series 706cb, Powell Max Series 753cb, Lews tournament speed spool 6:4:1 ratio.  I thank the Lord for blessing me yesterday and my good friend Duke Jenkel on the last event, where he won.

 














GOD Bless

Joel

No comments: