Home Photo's Bio

Saturday, March 12, 2011

1st Everstart at Lake of The Ozarks....

  Got to Lake of The Ozark's (LOZ) on Sunday the 6th about noon and began fishing and had a keeper in the first 1/2 hour !  So I moved to another point and caught another keeper and thought this might hold up and ran some more points with some luck, but also bluff 's in between points with a good drop on the and caught fish here to and had 7 keepers on Sunday and about 16lb with 5, so not a bad start.  The next 3 days I tried running the same deal and caught some but not that consistent.  I ran to the Niaguga arm 1 day and it was just muddy!  Got out of there and found some clear water and caught a couple keepers pretty quick on jerk baits on transition banks.  Day 1 I had an area where I caught 5 keepers down a 250 yard stretch and started here,  no keepers so we kept moving around my ares and by the end of the day I had 2 keepers and my co-angler had a limit of 12lbs !  It was just his day to catch them, I would throw up to the spot and catch a shortie and he would catch a keeper !  This happened all day long.  Day 2 I went back to those same areas and caught a 4lber in the first hour n half and was hoping I was gonna get them today but it was another struggle for me.  I managed 2 keepers for 5lb 11 oz and lost a mule on the jerk bait that would have moved me up about 20 to 25 places.  I was throwing Lew's speed spool reels (6:4:1) and Powell rods 684cb,  686cb, 703cb, 753cb on 10 and 12 lb fluorocarbon line.  Also a 705 jig rod, with a War Eagle Heavy cover finesse jig with a Go2baits trailer and a Lew's Speed Spool 6:4:1, with 15lb fluorocarbon line.  I ended up in 97th place and got some points toward the championship at Kentucky Lake.  Below are pictures of the baits and Rods used :


                















GOD Bless

Joel

No comments: